Thursday, January 17, 2013

Today is brought to you by...

Did you watch Sesame Street growing up? I loved that show - the opener where Barkley is running up the hill? Ahhh, the good ol' days!

Today's smoothie is a little different. I usually try to use more veggies than fruits because I usually eat more fruits raw. But I went grocery shopping and the place I went didn't have frozen spinach so I'll have to go elsewhere to grab it...

Today's smoothie:
1/2 can coconut milk
2 carrots
1/3 beet
1 cup frozen mango chunks
1 cup frozen strawberries
Water

I need to cut back on the beets...let's just say, you will know when you need to start cutting back as well... The bonus of making a smoothie versus juice is I retain ALL the fiber. The non-soluble fiber is in the remnants in your can on the juicer. Some people are extra diligent and use the remnants in baking...I never got there.

You can go to my first post to find the benefits of the coconut milk, beets, and carrots. I've included the benefits and links for the rest:
Mango: boosts immune system, lower cholesterol, clears skin, prevents cancer, better sex (hubby will love this one!)
Strawberries: anti-inflammatory, great for bones, antioxidant agent, healthy eyes

Since I started my smoothies for breakfast, I am noticing my appetite is increasing and my water retention is down. What about you? What benefits do you see from juicing or smoothies? What are your favorite ingredients to add?

Added to my short list: buy frozen spinach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you like this blog? Please stop by my other blogs: